False Alarm: Elon Musk Denies SpaceX Starlink IPO Claims

Elon Musk refuted recent claims that SpaceX, his aerospace company, is in discussions regarding an initial public offering (IPO) for its Starlink satellite internet business by 2024. 

Responding to a Bloomberg News report shared on social media, Musk dismissed the information as “false.” The report had suggested that SpaceX was moving Starlink’s assets to a wholly owned unit with eventual plans for a spin-off.

The tech billionaire, who is also the CEO of Tesla and owner of X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, said in 2021 that he would list Starlink once the revenue growth and cash flow of the satellite internet service became more stable and predictable. 

Musk announced that Starlink achieved cash-flow breakeven earlier this month. Starlink is currently the world’s largest satellite operator with a constellation of over 5,000 mass-produced small satellites in low Earth orbit (LEO). On Wednesday, the company secured a contract to provide free internet services in Mexico until the conclusion of 2026. 

Related: Musk Deliberately Inhibited Ukraine’s Access To Starlink To Appease Russia And China: Report

With an estimated value of $150 billion, SpaceX, under Musk’s leadership, became the first private company to successfully send humans into orbit, leaving competitors like Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin racing to keep up with advancements in reusable rocket technology, significantly lowering launch costs.

A Starlink IPO would be a powerful catalyst for the space industry.

Via Threads

SpaceX investor and former ‘SPAC King’ Chamath Palihapitiya predicted in January that Musk would take Starlink public this year. Justus Parmar, founder and CEO of Fortuna Investments, gave a more conservative projection, anticipating Musk to consider the Starlink IPO around 2025 or 2026, waiting for a sufficient level of revenue stability before making a move. 


Information for this story was found via Bloomberg, Reuters, and the sources and companies mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to the organizations discussed. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Video Articles

First Majestic Q1 Earnings: A Bang Up Quarter

Copper’s Structural Shortage May Be Here to Stay | Colin Joudrie – Selkirk Copper

Why Barrick’s “Strong” Quarter Wasn’t So Strong | Q1 2026 Earnings

Recommended

Canada Confirms First Hantavirus Case Linked to MV Hondius Cruise Ship Outbreak

Altamira Gold Extends Maria Bonita Porphyry System Westward With 70.6 Metres At 0.51 g/t Hit

Related News

Tesla Investors Campaign Against Former CTO’s Election To The Board

A group of funds led by SOC Investment Group registered on Monday its dissent on...

Monday, April 24, 2023, 11:32:42 AM

Tesla Wins In 2022, But Not For Its Investors

As 2022 comes to a close, it is clear that Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) is poised...

Thursday, December 22, 2022, 08:06:19 AM

Elon Musk Bows to Brazilian Court Demands After Weeks of Defiance

Well, he tried. Elon Musk’s social media platform X (formerly Twitter) has given in to...

Monday, September 23, 2024, 10:07:08 AM

Can DOGE Make the $5000 Rebates Happen?

Department of Government Efficiency chief Elon Musk said Tuesday that he will discuss potential taxpayer...

Saturday, February 22, 2025, 09:22:00 AM

Desalination: Elon Musk Says ‘Its The Solution To The Global Water Crisis’

Last week I was sitting on my couch, eating some bon bons, and watchin Bill...

Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 01:30:00 PM