Wednesday, February 18, 2026

MrBeast Takes Elon Musk Up On His Offer, Posts First X Video ‘To Test’ Ad Revenue

YouTube megastar MrBeast, also known as Jimmy Donaldson, uploaded a video directly on Elon Musk’s X, despite his previous declaration that he would not do so. 

“$1 vs $100,000,000 Car” quickly gained traction, amassing 27 million views within seven hours of being posted. The video, which has already been uploaded on YouTube with over 200 million views, was posted to “test” the platform, says Donaldson.

This move follows a public request from Musk himself, urging Donaldson to share his content directly on X. Donaldson initially declined, basically saying that X didn’t pay enough to make it worthwhile.

Donaldson is currently YouTube’s most popular and arguably highest-earning creator with over 225 million subscribers as of this writing. And he previously said that “some YouTubers get $20+ rpms even after YouTube takes their cut.” On X, he only has about 25 million followers, and the platform’s creator program does leave a lot to be desired.

In October, Donaldson told Musk on X that “higher compensation will be hard,” given the platform’s current setup and performance. “I’d be shocked if you cracked that code,” he added.

Shortly after his most recent rejection, Musk announced that “creator rewards will increase significantly this year,” without giving any details.

Donaldson said on X that he’ll update with the ad revenue numbers next week.


Information for this story was found via X, Business Insider, and the sources and companies mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to the organizations discussed. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Video Articles

Eldorado Gold: The $3.8 Billion Foran Mining Acquisition

Silver Tiger’s $2.35B Silver Blueprint: Two Mines, One Perfect Metals Market

Gold Is At Records. Barrick Mining Is Printing Cash. The Stock Still Fell. | Q4 Earnings

Recommended

Canadian Copper Plans 2,500 Metre Drill Program For 2026

Mercado Receives Permits For Planned 3,000 Metre Drill Program At Copalito

Related News

Tesla to Replace Self-Driving Hardware After Years of ‘Future-Proof’ Claims

Elon Musk has finally admitted Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) needs to replace the self-driving computers in...

Friday, January 31, 2025, 03:46:00 PM

What’s New? Higher-Volume Tesla Semi Production Pushed Back To End Of 2024

Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) CEO Elon Musk announced that the company’s new electric semi truck will...

Thursday, June 15, 2023, 06:15:00 AM

Musk Says Trump’s Auto Tariffs Will Hurt Tesla

Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) CEO Elon Musk said on Wednesday that President Donald Trump’s new 25%...

Friday, March 28, 2025, 12:37:00 PM

Report Finds that SpaceX Basically Let @ElonJet Track Musk

Documents obtained by Vice through a Freedom of Information Act request reveal that SpaceX entered...

Thursday, May 25, 2023, 02:22:00 PM

X to Display Country Information, Username History on User Profiles

X announced Tuesday it will begin testing new transparency features that display users’ country of...

Wednesday, October 15, 2025, 04:32:00 PM