Monday, May 18, 2026

Tucker Carlson Wants to Raise Funds for a Subscription-Based Media Company Powered by Twitter

Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson, along with ex-White House adviser Neil Patel, are planning to raise hundreds of millions of dollars for a new media company, utilizing Twitter as a primary platform for content distribution.

Sources familiar with the matter told the Wall Street Journal that the new media outlet would feature extended versions of Carlson’s free videos, which he has been regularly sharing on Twitter since leaving Fox News. While shorter versions of his show, interviews, and documentaries will remain free to Twitter users, viewing the full content would require a subscription. The company also plans to include shows from other hosts in the future.

Carlson and Patel, who founded the conservative news site, the Daily Caller, in 2010, have enlisted financiers, legal experts, and media strategists to work on their new venture. Their team has met with Twitter representatives to discuss the project and potential collaborations, the people told the newspaper.

The company is also set to launch its own website and mobile app and is investigating other potential platforms for their content. The potential partnership with Twitter would mark a significant development in the relationship between the platform and one of its most notable video creators. However, it may pose challenges for Twitter’s attempts to repair relationships with advertisers, some of whom withdrew from the platform after Elon Musk took over last year.

Discussions between Carlson’s team and Twitter have revolved around video viewing features on the platform, including making Twitter videos more accessible on TV sets. Although Carlson’s team is concerned about potential censorship on YouTube, they’ve discussed the possibility of having a set of significant brands sponsor Carlson’s show on Twitter. Despite facing an advertising boycott following controversial remarks on immigration back in 2018, Carlson’s show generated $77.5 million in advertising revenue last year, more than any other prime-time host on Fox News.

Information for this briefing was found via the WSJ and the sources mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to this organization. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Video Articles

First Majestic Q1 Earnings: A Bang Up Quarter

Copper’s Structural Shortage May Be Here to Stay | Colin Joudrie – Selkirk Copper

Why Barrick’s “Strong” Quarter Wasn’t So Strong | Q1 2026 Earnings

Recommended

Canada Confirms First Hantavirus Case Linked to MV Hondius Cruise Ship Outbreak

Altamira Gold Extends Maria Bonita Porphyry System Westward With 70.6 Metres At 0.51 g/t Hit

Related News

Only Tweets From Twitter Blue Accounts Will Be In The ‘For You’ Recommendations Beginning April 15

After a lot of talk about equality and Twitter being the de facto town square,...

Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 03:25:00 PM

Twitter v. Elon Musk: The Incredible (And Sometimes Ridiculous) Highlights Of The Text Messages

From “staying off” to “buying” Twitter, then pulling out of the proposed buyout — the...

Monday, October 3, 2022, 12:01:00 PM

‘Now He’s Awake’: Biden Admin Mulls Subjecting Elon Musk Deals To National Security Reviews

Almost one year ago, Elon Musk took a jab at US President Joe Biden, who...

Friday, October 21, 2022, 11:18:00 AM

Twitter Gets Offended After Reuters Reports that Tesla Missed Q1 Wall Street Estimates

Twitter didn’t like that Reuters on Sunday reported that electric carmaker Tesla had missed its...

Monday, April 3, 2023, 02:18:00 PM

Twitter Loses More Money to Litigation, Slapped with $350K Fine for Not Complying with A Search Warrant Over Trump Investigation

Twitter, the social media platform now known as X, has been slapped with a fine...

Thursday, August 10, 2023, 02:12:00 PM