Elon Musk Denies Alleged Affair With Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin’s Wife, Says It Was “Nothing Romantic”

The Wall Street Journal on Sunday released a paywalled report of the alleged affair that Elon Musk had with Google co-founder Sergey Brin’s wife Nicole Shanahan. The affair was brief, it said, but enough for Brin to file for divorce and later order his financial advisers to dump all personal investments in the companies owned and run by Musk.

Musk, in a reply to a tweet of the article, called the story “bs” and said that he and Brin were together at a party the previous night. The Tesla chief claimed that he had only seen Shanahan twice in the last three years.

According to the report, Brin filed for divorce from Shanahan in January this year in Santa Clara County Superior Court, citing “irreconcilable differences” as the cause. People familiar with the matter said that the divorce was filed weeks after Brin learned of the affair that allegedly took place in December at the Art Basel event in Miami.

This was around the same time as when Musk’s three youngest children were born: the second child with former girlfriend Grimes aka Claire Boucher via surrogate, and the twins with Neuralink executive Shivon Zilis.

WSJ reached out to Brin’s lawyer and Shanahan’s spokeswoman for comment but has yet to receive a response. Only Musk has reacted to the story as of this writing.


Information for this briefing was found via Twitter, The Wall Street Journal, Insider, and the sources mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to this organization. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Video Articles

First Majestic Q1 Earnings: A Bang Up Quarter

Copper’s Structural Shortage May Be Here to Stay | Colin Joudrie – Selkirk Copper

Why Barrick’s “Strong” Quarter Wasn’t So Strong | Q1 2026 Earnings

Recommended

Power Metallic Pushes Deeper Into Saudi Arabia With Amaar Mining Tie-Up

Canada Confirms First Hantavirus Case Linked to MV Hondius Cruise Ship Outbreak

Related News

Elon Musk’s Neuralink Gets Fresh $280 Million Handout In A Peter Thiel-Backed Funding Round

Neuralink, Elon Musk’s pioneering venture focusing on brain-implant technology, has successfully secured a substantial funding...

Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 03:43:00 PM

Twitter Spaces to Host Ron DeSantis’ Presidential Announcement Alongside Elon Musk

In an unorthodox fusion of politics and technology, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is poised to...

Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 03:46:13 PM

Twitter Attempts to Defend Its Decision To Cave To Turkish Government

Twitter earlier this week defended its decision to restrict access to some content in Turkey...

Thursday, May 18, 2023, 06:11:00 AM

Tech Titans Commit $500 Billion To Trump For AI Expansion, But Musk Is Not Convinced

Hyped ahead of its announcement, U.S. President Donald Trump has declared plans to inject $500...

Thursday, January 23, 2025, 10:44:00 AM

Elon Musk: SpaceX to Land on Mars by 2022, Humans to Reach Red Planet Few Years Later

All of Tesla’s recent fiascos aside (Model Y roofs flying off, NHTSA investigations into Model...

Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 04:54:00 PM