Gulf States Warn Trump’s Gaza Plan Is Collapsing

  • Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Bahrain told Washington they will not fund Gaza’s rebuild unless Hamas disarms and relinquishes control, putting Trump’s post-war plan at risk.

Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Bahrain warned the US that President Donald Trump’s post-war Gaza plan is in danger of collapse and that they will not finance reconstruction while Hamas retains weapons and territorial control.

Messages sent to Washington said mediators had been too lenient with Hamas on disarmament and enforcement. The warnings were delivered to Trump envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner, with Arab and US diplomatic sources confirming the communications.

A Saudi diplomatic source said the kingdom will not participate further unless there is a decisive U.S. response and a change in the approach of Egypt, Qatar, and Turkey to compel compliance. Saudi Arabia is downgrading its engagement and is unlikely to attend Egypt’s planned reconstruction conference next month.

The critique centers on Hamas’s conduct since the ceasefire. The warnings cite armed street displays, extortion of merchants, assassinations of clan rivals, and categorical refusals to disarm.

“As long as Hamas retains its weapons, we will not continue with the process,” the message states.

A Saudi official underscored the red line, arguing Hamas “has inflicted enormous harm on the Palestinian people” and “will sabotage any force” that tries to restore order. He added that without a serious move to end Hamas’s influence in Gaza, “there is no chance of its rehabilitation and reconstruction.”

On the other hand, the UAE signaled it will keep funding relief and rebuilding in the south, where Israel maintains military control, but it will not back broader reconstruction without a framework for Hamas disarmament and for full civilian and security control by international forces as outlined in the Trump plan.

Gulf leaders’ absence at the Sharm el-Sheikh ceremony underscored the strains. Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and the UAE’s Mohammed bin Zayed skipped the event, a point Trump noted in his remarks.


Information for this story was found via Israel Hayom and the sources and companies mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to the organizations discussed. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Video Articles

Eldorado Gold: The $3.8 Billion Foran Mining Acquisition

Silver Tiger’s $2.35B Silver Blueprint: Two Mines, One Perfect Metals Market

Gold Is At Records. Barrick Mining Is Printing Cash. The Stock Still Fell. | Q4 Earnings

Recommended

Canadian Copper Plans 2,500 Metre Drill Program For 2026

Mercado Receives Permits For Planned 3,000 Metre Drill Program At Copalito

Related News

Market Bets Climb After Trump Pushes “Coalition of the Willing” for Ukraine

Prediction-market odds that the US will send a peacekeeping force to Ukraine surged after President...

Tuesday, August 19, 2025, 10:19:00 AM

Donald Trump, The First US President To Be Indicted Twice

When Donald Trump thought he would be setting records as a president, he probably didn’t...

Thursday, June 8, 2023, 09:40:00 PM

Trump Announces Land Strikes on Drug Targets, Colombia Issues War Warning

President Donald Trump announced Tuesday the United States will begin striking drug trafficking targets on...

Wednesday, December 3, 2025, 02:14:00 PM

Trump Says Fed Nominee Wouldn’t Have Gotten Job if He Wanted to Raise Rates

President Donald Trump acknowledged Wednesday he would have rejected his Federal Reserve chair nominee if...

Thursday, February 5, 2026, 02:12:00 PM

Trump To Release JFK Files: “You Can’t Redact”

President Donald Trump announced that 80,000 pages of unredacted records tied to the assassination of...

Tuesday, March 18, 2025, 07:31:06 AM