Is Post-Tucker Carlson Fox News Seeing An Advertiser Boom?

Advertisers are reportedly finding their way back into the 8 p.m. weekday slot at Fox news two weeks after the network unceremoniously kicked Tucker Carlson out, according to Variety.

“We have had over 40 new advertisers come into the hour since we launched the new program, including some of the largest in the country and, really, across all major categories,” Variety quoted Jeff Collins, executive vice president of ad sales at Fox News Media. “We have seen new advertisers come in, and new demand.”

The 8 p.m. slot is now occupied by Fox News Tonight. The new program has a rotating cast of anchors, beginning with Brian Kilmeade in the first week, Lawrence Jones last week, and Kayleigh McEnany this week. 

While Carlson attracted the highest number of viewers for a cable news program during his time at Fox News, advertisers have long avoided his slot, owing to the host’s controversial leanings.

According to Brian Steinberg’s Variety report, advertisers like Procter & Gamble, “one of the nation’s largest and most influential advertisers,” started running ads for female-skewing products like Venus razor blades by Gillette and Secret underarm deodorant in the new program. He also noted ads from Novo Nordisk’s weight management medication Ozempic and Scotts Miracle-Gro.

Angelo Carusone, chief executive of the left-leaning watchdog Media Matters, called out Steinberg’s claims on Twitter. He called the Variety writer “a proxy for Fox PR” and said that he would write anything they give him without attempting to verify. 

Steinberg quickly defended himself and said that he watched the program for a full week before writing the report, but he did not directly respond to Carusone’s follow-up.

The Variety report could be an attempt to drum up advertiser patronage now that Carlson has departed the network. They will need to keep making money, especially as viewership slumps to half the usual number at just over 1.5 million per night. Fox News recently settled a defamation case with Dominion Voting Systems for $787.5 million. Smartmatic is also suing the network for $2.7 billion in damages.

Ousted host Carlson, meanwhile, is said to be preparing to wage war against his former network for his untimely firing.

He has retained high-powered Hollywood lawyer Brian Freedman to settle his contract dispute with the network. Carlson’s contract with Fox News runs until January 2025.

“The idea that anyone is going to silence Tucker and prevent him from speaking to his audience is beyond preposterous,” Freedman told Axios earlier this week.


Information for this story was found via Variety, Twitter, Mediaite, and the sources and companies mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to the organizations discussed. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Video Articles

First Majestic Q1 Earnings: A Bang Up Quarter

Copper’s Structural Shortage May Be Here to Stay | Colin Joudrie – Selkirk Copper

Why Barrick’s “Strong” Quarter Wasn’t So Strong | Q1 2026 Earnings

Recommended

Questcorp Wraps Expanded Drone Survey at La Union as Summer Drilling Approaches

Altamira Gold Extends Maria Bonita Footprint with 110 Metre Step-Out

Related News

Tucker Carlson’s Farewell to Fox News: A Retrospective

Picture this: a man walks into a newsroom and quickly becomes the face of a...

Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 01:30:00 PM

Biden Roasts Fox News at White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

Once a year, the US President gets a chance to play comedian and poke fun...

Monday, May 1, 2023, 03:44:00 PM

Don Lemon Squares Off Against CNN, Hires the Same Lawyer as Tucker Carlson

At the same time Fox News was parting ways with primetime host Tucker Carlson, CNN...

Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 02:18:00 PM

The Lie In Truth Social: Fox News Disowns Verified Account In Donald Trump’s Socmed Platform

The irony is hitting hard for former US President Donald Trump’s recently launched social media...

Thursday, April 14, 2022, 10:37:00 AM

Nate Anderson Dismantles Tucker Carlson’s Trevor Milton Narrative

Hindenburg founder Nate Anderson says Tucker Carlson’s Trevor Milton interview is “bizarre and fantastical,” after...

Thursday, July 24, 2025, 02:17:00 PM