John Tory’s Office Egged On His Final Day As Toronto Mayor

Disgraced Toronto Mayor John Tory has officially resigned, effective as of 5:00 PM on Friday. His three-term tenure ended following the scandalous months-long affair with a 31-year-old former staffer.

In a fitting end to his run as mayor, his office was egged on his final day as he sat inside.

He just sat there.

In his resignation letter addressed to the City Clerk, Tory wrote “I continue to be deeply sorry and apologize unreservedly to the people of Toronto and to all those hurt by my actions without exception.”

Tory abruptly announced last week that he’s surrendering his position after news broke that he had a months-long affair with a 31-year-old former staffer. He was allegedly urged to remain in office by deputy prime minister Chrystia Freeland, Ontario Premier Doug Ford, and the Toronto police union – although Freeland has since repeatedly denied that she urged him to remain.

The disgraced mayor – married to homebuilder and renovator Barbara Hackett since 1978 – admitted to the affair with his staffer, but claimed that the staffer opted to seek employment outside of City Hall, found work elsewhere “some time ago,” and they terminated the relationship mutually, “earlier this year” – i.e. within the last six weeks.

“I will continue to be a contributing citizen hopefully in a number of different ways. That is because I love the people of Toronto and I will never stop believing in Toronto and all of the residents who make it up,” he said in his letter.

According to the city’s website, “the City Clerk will report to the next meeting of Council with recommendations that allow Council to formally declare the Office of Mayor vacant, and pass a bylaw that authorizes the filling of the vacancy by by-election.”

Nominations for the by-election will open the business day after Council passes a bylaw authorizing it. 


Information for this briefing was found via the sources linked within the article. The author has no securities or affiliations related to this organization. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Video Articles

First Majestic Q1 Earnings: A Bang Up Quarter

Copper’s Structural Shortage May Be Here to Stay | Colin Joudrie – Selkirk Copper

Why Barrick’s “Strong” Quarter Wasn’t So Strong | Q1 2026 Earnings

Recommended

Questcorp Wraps Expanded Drone Survey at La Union as Summer Drilling Approaches

Altamira Gold Extends Maria Bonita Footprint with 110 Metre Step-Out

Related News

Doug Ford Vows to Axe American Booze from LCBO Shelves in Retaliation to Tariffs

Ontario Premier Doug Ford has issued a stern warning to the Liquor Control Board of...

Tuesday, January 21, 2025, 10:49:00 AM

Ontario’s Ford Says ‘Man Was I Wrong’ About Trump

Ontario Premier Doug Ford admitted he “was wrong” about Donald Trump as he imposed a...

Monday, March 10, 2025, 10:59:00 AM

Most Money Is Made On “Re-Zoning”: Former Clarington Mayor John Mutton aka Mr. X

Without a beat, former Clarington Mayor John Mutton outright said that most money in real...

Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:46:05 AM

Leaderless Ontario Liberals Overtake Ford’s PCs in Latest Polling

For the first time since 2021, Doug Ford’s Progressive Conservatives have fallen to second place...

Thursday, April 30, 2026, 01:04:00 AM

Developers’ Influence on Greenbelt Extraction Sparks Controversy in Ontario

In a scathing special report, Ontario’s auditor general, Bonnie Lysyk, has revealed a troubling connection...

Thursday, August 10, 2023, 01:27:00 PM