WeedMD Inc (TSXV: WMD) announced this morning that it would be transforming its Aylmer facility from a cultivation site into a hub for cannabis extraction and processing. The move allows the firm to focus on a key vertical at each location, with all cultivation to take place at the Strathroy facility, and all processing at the 26,000 square foot Aylmer location.
We are transitioning the Aylmer site to produce a wide range of extracts and concentrates. All cultivation has been consolidated to our greenhouse and outdoor Strathroy facility, which is delivering consistently improving yields at increasingly competitive costs.Keith Merker, CEO of WeedMD
The firm provided additional details about the Aylmer operation in the release as well, including
- The company already has a license to perform oil production on site, and has been doing so since June 2017
- Four extraction lines will be in operation, allowing WeedMD to be able to process over 200,000 KG of biomass annually
- Additional opportunities are available due to the firms ability to provide wholesale and white label manufacturing, with four different extraction methods being available
- Facility is being constructed to GxP standards, which enables a broad range of compliance for domestic and international markets
- WeedMD intends to supply a large amount of product via its greenhouse and outdoor grow cannabis production at the Strathroy facility.
WeedMD is still awaiting licensing from Health Canada for its outdoor grow at the Strathroy location, which is anticipated to be awarded in the near term. Further expansion of its greenhouse is expected to come later in 2019.
See our full facility tour write up here for further information on WeedMD’s Strathroy facility.
The full official release can be found here.
FULL DISCLOSURE: WeedMD is a client of Canacom Group, the parent company of The Deep Dive. The author has been compensated to cover WeedMD on The Deep Dive, with The Deep Dive having full editorial control. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security.
As the founder of The Deep Dive, Jay is focused on all aspects of the firm. This includes operations, as well as acting as the primary writer for The Deep Dive’s stock analysis. In addition to The Deep Dive, Jay performs freelance writing for a number of firms and has been published on Stockhouse.com and CannaInvestor Magazine among others.