Chinese Foreign Ministry Says They’re ‘Ready to Fight,’ Calls Fentanyl Crisis a ‘Flimsy Excuse’ for US Trade Actions

China’s Foreign Ministry has issued a defiant response to recent US tariffs on Chinese imports, calling the fentanyl crisis a “flimsy excuse” for trade restrictions and vowing to fight “till the end” in any resulting trade war.

In a strongly worded statement posted on social media platform X on Thursday, the Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson rejected US justifications for the tariffs and accused Washington of “smearing” Beijing despite China’s claimed efforts to assist with America’s drug crisis.

“The fentanyl issue is a flimsy excuse to raise US tariffs on Chinese imports,” the statement read. “Our countermeasures to defend our rights and interests are fully legitimate and necessary.”

The Chinese statement directly challenged US claims that China has not done enough to curb fentanyl precursors and manufacturing, insisting instead that Beijing has “taken robust steps to assist the US” with the issue.

“The US, not anyone else, is responsible for the #FentanylCrisis inside the US,” the spokesperson wrote, adding that America was “PUNISHING us for helping them.”

The statement significantly escalates rhetoric as trade tensions between the world’s two largest economies worsen during President Trump’s second term. It concluded with an explicit warning: “If war is what the US wants, be it a tariff war, a trade war or any other type of war, we’re ready to fight till the end.”

The Biden administration had previously reached agreements with China on fentanyl control in late 2023, but the Trump administration has accused Beijing of failing to fulfill these commitments, using this as partial justification for new tariffs implemented last month.


Information for this story was found via the sources and companies mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to the organizations discussed. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Video Articles

This Gold Junior Is Sitting Next to a 3 Million Ounce Neighbor | Regan Isenor – Sylla Gold

A New Gold Giant Is About to Be Born! | Equinox Gold x Orla Mining

This Gold Restart Story Could Be Moving Faster Than Expected | Shaun Heinrichs – 1911

Recommended

Questcorp Wraps Expanded Drone Survey at La Union as Summer Drilling Approaches

Altamira Gold Extends Maria Bonita Footprint with 110 Metre Step-Out

Related News

Regulatory Changes Needed for Canadian Pipelines, Enbridge CEO Says

Enbridge Inc (TSX: ENB) Chief Executive Greg Ebel said on Tuesday that Canada should declare...

Thursday, March 6, 2025, 11:36:00 AM

Brazil Makes Trade Gains With Japan as US Market Closes Its Doors with Tariffs

Brazil is making significant progress opening new export markets for its beef industry, with Japan...

Monday, August 11, 2025, 04:36:00 PM

Trump Threatens EU With New Tariffs

Donald Trump is setting his sights on the other side of the Atlantic, suggesting on...

Tuesday, February 4, 2025, 04:27:00 PM

Trump Negotiates Deal With China… Or Did He?

President Donald Trump declared that a deal with China has been struck, writing on Truth...

Wednesday, June 11, 2025, 10:19:00 AM

Trump Hits Surplus Partner Brazil With 50% Tariffs For “Witch Hunt” On Bolsonaro

President Donald Trump has raised the stakes of his self-styled reciprocal trade war by mailing...

Thursday, July 10, 2025, 08:24:00 AM