Gabbard and Lutnick’s Jobs in Jeopardy as Trump Weighs Further Firings

President Donald Trump is weighing further firings across his Cabinet as mounting domestic pressure over the Iran war sends fuel costs higher and heightens Republican anxiety ahead of November’s midterm elections, according to five sources with knowledge of White House deliberations, in reporting by Reuters.

Lutnick and Gabbard have emerged as the most prominently discussed potential departures, following Trump’s removal of Attorney General Pam Bondi and Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem in the weeks prior. No final decisions have been made, officials said, but the prospect of further dismissals has grown considerably more serious.

“Let’s just say, based on what I have heard, Bondi is not the last one,” one White House official said.

The Iran war — now entering its sixth week — has sent fuel costs higher and pulled Trump’s approval numbers lower. Sources said the president wants any major personnel changes completed well ahead of November’s midterms.

Gabbard, a former Democrat who ran for president in 2020, drew White House ire after she defended Joe Kent, the former director of the National Counterterrorism Center, who resigned in protest over Trump’s military campaign in Iran. Trump has since polled Cabinet allies on whether to replace her, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said.

Lutnick faces separate pressure over renewed scrutiny of his ties to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Documents released earlier this year showed Lutnick dining with Epstein at his Caribbean island retreat in 2012. Lutnick said he “barely had anything to do with” Epstein, adding that he ended up at the lunch only after his vessel happened to be anchored nearby.

Related: DOJ Caught Hiding Trump Accusations in Epstein Files 

The White House denied any imminent firings. Spokesperson Davis Ingle said Gabbard, Lutnick, and Labor Secretary Lori Chavez-DeRemer “continue to have the president’s full confidence.” Communications Director Steven Cheung separately said Trump holds “total confidence” in Gabbard.

Related: Trump Weighs Replacing Tulsi Gabbard as Intelligence Chief Over Iran War Disagreement

Some advisers cautioned against removing Gabbard before the administration identifies a successor, warning a second high-profile ouster in as many months risks further instability inside the US intelligence community.



Information for this story was found via the sources and companies mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to the organizations discussed. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Video Articles

First Majestic Q1 Earnings: A Bang Up Quarter

Copper’s Structural Shortage May Be Here to Stay | Colin Joudrie – Selkirk Copper

Why Barrick’s “Strong” Quarter Wasn’t So Strong | Q1 2026 Earnings

Recommended

Altamira Gold Extends Maria Bonita Porphyry System Westward With 70.6 Metres At 0.51 g/t Hit

Antimony Resources Reports 13.9% Antimony in Latest Drill Core at Bald Hill

Related News

DOJ Argues White House Ballroom Would Have Prevented Assassination Attempt On Trump

The Trump administration is asking a federal judge to dissolve an injunction blocking parts of...

Tuesday, April 28, 2026, 09:57:06 AM

US Takes 10% Equity On Trilogy Metals For $35.6M, Sends Shares Over 230%

Another mining firm got picked up from the US shopping spree for equity as Trilogy...

Tuesday, October 7, 2025, 10:11:00 AM

After Driving Out Dozens of Performers, Kennedy Center Board Votes to Go Dark for Two Years

The Kennedy Center’s board of directors voted unanimously Monday to close the storied performing arts...

Tuesday, March 17, 2026, 12:55:00 PM

White House Chief of Staff Warns Aides Against Shielding Trump From Iran War Fallout

White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles has privately urged senior aides to stop presenting...

Friday, April 3, 2026, 07:46:45 AM

Trump Administration Shuts Down Voice of America Operations, Cuts Funding to US Media Outlets

President Donald Trump has effectively shut down Voice of America (VOA), placing more than 1,300...

Monday, March 17, 2025, 10:03:00 AM