Is Elon Musk So Petty That He’d Remove Disney+ from Tesla After Disney Stopped Ads on X?

Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) has reportedly removed Disney+ from some of its vehicles following a recent fit that Tesla CEO Elon Musk threw during a live interview about advertisers like Disney halting their spending on X his social media platform — an entity that’s supposed to be separate from Tesla.

In November, X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, saw another advertiser exodus when Musk after progressive think tank Media Matters released a report that found that advertiser content from the likes of Disney, IBM, and Apple ran alongside pro-Nazi content.

Via Threads

Also read: X Refuses to Pay Bug Bounty On Critical Vulnerability, Kicks Out Whitehat Instead 

The report coincided with Musk agreeing with an antisemitic post on X. Musk responded to the outrage by telling advertisers to “go fuck yourself” during a live interview at the New York Times‘ Dealbook Summit. He even had a special callout to Disney CEO Bob Iger:

“Hey, Bob, if you’re in the audience. That’s how I feel, don’t advertise,” Musk said. He also previously hosted the presidential bid announcement of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, who has an equally futile feud with Disney in his home state.

Related: Revenue-Strapped Elon Musk Tells Advertisers: “Go F*** Yourself”

According to Elektrek, Tesla informed Disney last week that it would remove the streaming app from Tesla Theatre in its vehicles but did not say why. Tesla then told the media giant a few days later that it would only remove the app for owners who have never used it before — which might explain why some users are seeing and some aren’t.

Investors have long said that Musk’s obsession with X is hurting Tesla, and this new move is taking that obsession to a new level. It remains to be seen how the removal will impact Disney+.


Information for this story was found via Mashable, Elektrek, and the sources and companies mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to the organizations discussed. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Video Articles

First Majestic Q1 Earnings: A Bang Up Quarter

Copper’s Structural Shortage May Be Here to Stay | Colin Joudrie – Selkirk Copper

Why Barrick’s “Strong” Quarter Wasn’t So Strong | Q1 2026 Earnings

Recommended

Canada Confirms First Hantavirus Case Linked to MV Hondius Cruise Ship Outbreak

Altamira Gold Extends Maria Bonita Porphyry System Westward With 70.6 Metres At 0.51 g/t Hit

Related News

Elon Musk Boosts Potentially Harmful AOC Parody Account

Twitter CEO Elon Musk helped boost an account parodying Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Tuesday. The...

Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 02:24:00 PM

Did Elon Musk Start Buying Twitter Shares Because of @ElonJet?

Remember when 19-year-old Jack Sweeney launched a Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) account that automatically tracked Elon...

Thursday, April 7, 2022, 10:38:00 AM

Billionaires On Elon Musk Twitter Takeover: Bezos Intrigues China Link, Trump Dismisses Comeback

After dominating the news cycle recently, Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) buyout generated...

Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 03:13:00 PM

SFPD Stops Twitter Signage Removal Over Permit Issue

On Sunday, Twitter owner Elon Musk told an unknown speaker in a Twitter Spaces chat...

Tuesday, July 25, 2023, 04:58:00 PM

Trump Named in $310M Civil Lawsuit Filed in Palm Beach County

A 149-page civil lawsuit filed November 24 in Palm Beach County Circuit Court names President...

Friday, December 5, 2025, 04:10:00 PM