Trump Announces End to US Airstrikes on Yemen’s Houthis

President Donald Trump announced Tuesday that the United States will immediately halt its bombing campaign against Yemen’s Iran-backed Houthi rebels following a ceasefire agreement mediated by Oman.

“We’re going to stop the bombing of the Houthis, effective immediately,” Trump said during an Oval Office meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney.

Trump characterized the development as a Houthi capitulation, saying “they have capitulated but, more importantly, we will take their word that they say they will not be blowing up ships anymore. And that’s what the purpose of what we were doing.”

The announcement came hours after Israel conducted strikes on Yemen’s Sanaa airport, which Israeli officials claim has been “fully disabled.” Israel launched the strikes in retaliation for a Houthi missile that struck near Tel Aviv’s Ben Gurion International Airport on Sunday.

According to Omani Foreign Minister Badr al-Busaidi, discussions between the United States, Oman and Yemeni authorities led to the ceasefire agreement.

The US military campaign against the Houthis began in mid-March in response to rebel attacks on commercial shipping in the Red Sea. A US official said the operation has cost more than $750 million so far.

Despite the agreement with the United States, Houthi leaders said their position on Gaza remains unchanged. “There is no turning back from supporting Gaza, no matter the cost,” said Mahdi al-Mashat, head of the Houthis’ Supreme Political Council.

Trump, who is scheduled to visit Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates next week, confirmed he will not include Israel in his itinerary.


Information for this story was found via AP News, CNN, Al Jazeera, and the sources and companies mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to the organizations discussed. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Video Articles

First Majestic Q1 Earnings: A Bang Up Quarter

Copper’s Structural Shortage May Be Here to Stay | Colin Joudrie – Selkirk Copper

Why Barrick’s “Strong” Quarter Wasn’t So Strong | Q1 2026 Earnings

Recommended

Questcorp Wraps Expanded Drone Survey at La Union as Summer Drilling Approaches

Altamira Gold Extends Maria Bonita Footprint with 110 Metre Step-Out

Related News

Donald Trump Fires Back, Says He Could’ve Asked Elon Musk To Drop To His Knees And Beg

And so the Donald Trump-Elon Musk social media melodrama continues.  In a not-so-surprising turn of...

Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 10:58:00 AM

Trump Signs Executive Order Threatening Tariffs on Countries Supplying Oil to Cuba

President Donald Trump signed an executive order on January 29, 2026, threatening to impose tariffs...

Friday, January 30, 2026, 02:13:00 PM

Elon Musk, Trump’s DOGE Head, Wants A “Zero-Tariff” Environment

Elon Musk, a onetime star in the Trump administration’s Department of Government Efficiency, has talked...

Monday, April 7, 2025, 03:40:00 PM

Trump Again Targets Critical Minerals Amid US Supply Chain Gaps

President Donald Trump has issued a new executive order initiating a Section 232 investigation into...

Thursday, April 17, 2025, 12:04:00 PM

Trump Doubles Down On Negotiating Price Floors For Critical Minerals

President Donald Trump moved to impose negotiated price floors on trade in processed critical minerals...

Monday, January 19, 2026, 10:12:00 AM