Monday, May 18, 2026

Ford CEO Isn’t Worried About Tesla’s Fancy Cybertruck: “I Make Trucks for Real People”

During an interview on CNBC’s Mad Money, Ford CEO Jim Farley dismissed concerns that Tesla’s upcoming Cybertruck would pose a threat to the company’s F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck. 

“If he wants to design a Cybertruck for Silicon Valley people, fine,” Farley said. “It’s like a cool high-end product parked in front of a hotel. But I don’t make trucks like that. I make trucks for real people who do real work.”

The Cybertruck also likely needs to make an appearance first before it can be considered a threat. First announced in a circus of an event in 2019, Cybertruck’s production timeline has been pushed back multiple times. Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s latest claim was that early production would start sometime in the summer of 2023. Ford, meanwhile, delivered its first F-150 Lightning in May of last year.

There seems to be no real rivalry between the two carmakers, Farley did say that he has “no problem being opportunistic when it comes to advantaging my customers.” Late last month, he joined Musk on Twitter Spaces to announce that Ford EV drivers would soon have access to Tesla’s vast Supercharger network.

Current Ford EV drivers will need to use an adapter to access Tesla’s network of 12,000 charging stations. Farley also made the significant announcement that the company’s next generation of EVs would come with Tesla-style charging ports instead of the Combined Charging System (CCS) chargers used by most other EV makers.


Information for this story was found via Entrepreneur, The Verge, and the sources and companies mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to the organizations discussed. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

One Response

  1. “Hello fellow freedom-loving, American truck driver! Please to also be red-blooded and not drink GAY-ASS Bud Light!”

Video Articles

First Majestic Q1 Earnings: A Bang Up Quarter

Copper’s Structural Shortage May Be Here to Stay | Colin Joudrie – Selkirk Copper

Why Barrick’s “Strong” Quarter Wasn’t So Strong | Q1 2026 Earnings

Recommended

Canada Confirms First Hantavirus Case Linked to MV Hondius Cruise Ship Outbreak

Altamira Gold Extends Maria Bonita Porphyry System Westward With 70.6 Metres At 0.51 g/t Hit

Related News

Amazon Unveils Self-Driving Taxi in Latest Bid to Compete in EV Market

It appears that the world’s two richest billionaires are about to give each other a...

Monday, December 14, 2020, 02:23:00 PM

Musk Says US ‘Really Should’ Leave NATO

Elon Musk, who appears to not be dealing so well with his unpopularity in Europe,...

Monday, March 10, 2025, 04:32:00 PM

Chamath Palihapitiya Predicts Elon Musk Will Take Starlink Public in 2023

SpaceX investor and former ‘SPAC King’ Chamath Palihapitiya believes that a Starlink IPO is the...

Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 07:27:54 AM

Is Elon Musk Going to Make Everyone Pay for Twitter?

Elon Musk has suggested the possibility of implementing a monthly payment system for access to...

Tuesday, September 19, 2023, 01:15:00 PM

Twitter Engineers Working To Bring Vine Back Before End Of The Year

Elon Musk has reportedly told Twitter engineers to work on rebooting Vine by the end...

Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 03:07:00 PM