Monday, May 18, 2026

Did Gulf Leaders Really Ask Trump To Delay Iran Strike?

  • Trump’s Iran strike delay shifted immediate escalation risk into a credibility test for Gulf diplomacy, because the key claim now rests on whether Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE actually asked Washington to hold fire.

The immediate question after President Donald Trump’s Iran strike pause is not only whether Washington has stepped back from war, but whether the Gulf leaders he named have publicly confirmed the role he assigned to them.

Trump said he postponed a planned US military attack on Iran after being asked by Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, and UAE President Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to hold off while negotiations continue. Major outlets reported the statement as Trump’s claim, but public reports so far do not show matching official confirmations from Doha, Riyadh, or Abu Dhabi.

The operational claim is also unverified outside Trump’s statement. He said the attack had been scheduled for Tuesday and that he had instructed Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Dan Caine, and the US military not to proceed.

AP reported that Trump’s post was the first disclosure of those strike plans.

Trump did not describe the proposed targets, duration, authorization, or trigger conditions. He also did not say whether the planned action was a limited strike, a wider campaign, or a coercive threat designed to force concessions from Tehran.

The public message was framed as a temporary hold, not a cancellation of military pressure. Trump said the US would not carry out the scheduled attack, but he also said the military should be ready for a “full, large scale assault” if an acceptable deal is not reached.

Trump wrote that any agreement must include “NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN.”

The result is not a clean de-escalation. It is a public countdown built around a private claim still unconfirmed by the world leaders he named.


Information for this briefing was found via the sources and companies mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to this organization. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Leave a Reply

Video Articles

First Majestic Q1 Earnings: A Bang Up Quarter

Copper’s Structural Shortage May Be Here to Stay | Colin Joudrie – Selkirk Copper

Why Barrick’s “Strong” Quarter Wasn’t So Strong | Q1 2026 Earnings

Recommended

Canada Confirms First Hantavirus Case Linked to MV Hondius Cruise Ship Outbreak

Altamira Gold Extends Maria Bonita Porphyry System Westward With 70.6 Metres At 0.51 g/t Hit

Related News

Trump Signs Order to Reclaim Mineral Independence

US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order aimed at vastly increasing domestic mineral...

Friday, March 21, 2025, 09:45:00 AM

Iran Claims It Transferred 15 Unexploded US Weapons for Reverse Engineering, Including Intact GBU-57

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps claimed this week it recovered more than 15 unexploded American...

Wednesday, April 29, 2026, 05:55:00 AM

Trump Claims U.S. Doesn’t Need Canada—But the Numbers Tell a Different Story

When U.S. President-elect Donald Trump declared, “We don’t need anything that Canada has,” his statement...

Sunday, January 12, 2025, 11:31:00 AM

New Lawsuit Alleges Trump and Giuliani Were Selling Pardons for $2 Million Each

Former Trump attorney Rudolph Giuliani and then-president Donald Trump were allegedly involved in a scheme...

Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 12:42:00 PM

Carney Says Trump’s Quick Tariff Deals “Not Worth The Paper They Were Written On”

Prime Minister Mark Carney is refusing to chase a narrow US tariff-relief deal, arguing that...

Tuesday, April 28, 2026, 11:02:38 AM