EU Warns Elon Musk’s X Over Trump Interview

European Union industry chief Thierry Breton has issued a stern warning to Elon Musk’s social media platform X before his scheduled interview (or “conversation”) with US presidential candidate Donald Trump. The interview, which occurred Monday evening, sparked concerns about potential violations of EU regulations.

In a letter to Musk, Breton reminded the billionaire of X’s obligations under the Digital Services Act (DSA), a law requiring large platforms to tackle illegal content and public security risks. Breton emphasized that these rules apply to all content accessible to EU users, including posts by Musk himself.

The warning comes amid heightened tensions between Brussels and X. Last month, EU regulators accused the platform of breaching the DSA and misleading users through its blue checkmark system. X disputed this assessment, with Musk threatening legal action. Musk has also been doing things like this on his platform:

Trump’s return to X after a long absence has added fuel to the fire. The former president, who was banned from the platform in 2021 following the January 6 Capitol riots, posted several campaign videos ahead of the interview. These posts quickly gained millions of views, demonstrating the platform’s continued influence on political discourse.

Musk and X CEO Linda Yaccarino responded defiantly to Breton’s letter. Yaccarino called it an “unprecedented attempt” to extend European law to US political activities, while Musk replied with.. well, a meme.

The Trump campaign meanwhile seized the opportunity to criticize the EU, labeling it an “enemy of free speech” and accusing it of meddling in the US election.


Information for this story was found via the sources and companies mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to the organizations discussed. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Video Articles

First Majestic Q1 Earnings: A Bang Up Quarter

Copper’s Structural Shortage May Be Here to Stay | Colin Joudrie – Selkirk Copper

Why Barrick’s “Strong” Quarter Wasn’t So Strong | Q1 2026 Earnings

Recommended

Altamira Gold Extends Maria Bonita Footprint with 110 Metre Step-Out

Son of Mango Founder Arrested Over Billionaire Father’s Fatal Cliff Fall

Related News

Europe Moves To Unlock €90B Ukraine Package After Hungary Relents

The European leaders had already agreed in December 2025 to provide the support, with the...

Wednesday, April 22, 2026, 12:13:45 PM

Ross Gerber Thinks Elon Musk Doesn’t Live in the Real World, Shouldn’t Blackmail Investors Into Doing What He’s Supposed to Do Anyway

Ross Gerber is progressively becoming disillusioned with Tesla CEO Elon Musk, for whom he used...

Sunday, January 21, 2024, 11:22:00 AM

Elon Musk Says Tesla’s Workers Will Need To Be ‘Living’ On The Production Line For New Mass-Market EV

Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) CEO Elon Musk said that workers would need to be sleeping at...

Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 09:58:20 AM

The Vanishing Teslas: Is Musk Concealing His Government Deals?

In another episode of pretending there won’t be conflicts of interest with Elon Musk’s government...

Friday, February 14, 2025, 12:40:00 PM

New UK PM Rishi Sunak Looks To Settle Outstanding Issues Over Northern Island And The EU

Britain’s newly installed Prime Minister Rishi Sunak spoke with US President Joe Biden on the...

Thursday, October 27, 2022, 12:04:00 PM