Mike Lindell Vs Fox News: Was He ‘Cancelled’ Or Is It Because He Owes the Network $7.8 Million?

MyPillow CEO and election denier Mike Lindell has not paid Fox News for advertising since August, according to a report from Axios which cited a source from the network. 

This solves the mystery as to why Fox News has stopped airing his company’s ads. Lindell recently went on video to announce the “disturbing news” that Fox News had “canceled” MyPillow in an attempt to silence him.

“We don’t know why. We can only make a couple of guesses,” he claimed and proceeded to wonder if it was because ousted Fox News host Lou Dobbs recently started a show on Lindell TV, or because the network wanted to silence him because he wants “to secure our election platforms.”

Lindell admitted to The Associated Press that MyPillow owes Fox about $7.8 million, a figure that he insists is still within his credit line. He also claimed that MyPillow has long spent an average of $1 million per week running ads on Fox, and that the network used to allow him 12 weeks of credit but recently cut it to eight weeks.

Much like former Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani, Lindell is facing a number of financial that stem from the attempt to convince the public that the 2020 election was “rigged.” 

Retailers, like Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohl’s, all dropped MyPillow products shortly after the attempt to spread misinformation about the 2020 election crescendoed into the January 6 attacks at the US Capitol.

He said in October that owes millions to two law firms defending him in defamation suits filed by Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic. The firms have both quit and at that time, Lindell said he couldn’t pay because MyPillow had been “decimated.”

In April, Fox settled a similar case filed by Dominion Voting Systems for close to $800 million. The agreement was made to avoid exposing how the network, much like Lindell, peddled lies about the 2020 election through the programs of Dobbs, whose show Fox canceled three years ago, and Tucker Carlson, who was removed from the network last year.

Fox denied Lindell’s assertions. “As soon as their account is paid, we would be happy to accept their advertising,” a Fox News spokesperson said.


Information for this story was found via the Associated Press, The New York Times, Axios, and the sources and companies mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to the organizations discussed. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses.

Video Articles

First Majestic Q1 Earnings: A Bang Up Quarter

Copper’s Structural Shortage May Be Here to Stay | Colin Joudrie – Selkirk Copper

Why Barrick’s “Strong” Quarter Wasn’t So Strong | Q1 2026 Earnings

Recommended

Altamira Gold Extends Maria Bonita Porphyry System Westward With 70.6 Metres At 0.51 g/t Hit

Antimony Resources Reports 13.9% Antimony in Latest Drill Core at Bald Hill

Related News

Tucker Carlson Brings His Show To Twitter, And Elon Musk Says He Didn’t Sign A Deal

Tucker Carlson, former Fox News personality, has announced that he will bring a “new version”...

Wednesday, May 10, 2023, 12:08:00 PM

CRTC Opens Consultation To Ban Fox News From Canadian Airwaves

Following a complaint about incendiary comments made about LGBTQ2 people on the right-wing American network,...

Friday, May 5, 2023, 03:05:00 PM

Tucker Carlson’s Farewell to Fox News: A Retrospective

Picture this: a man walks into a newsroom and quickly becomes the face of a...

Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 01:30:00 PM

MyPillow Reshuffles Operations and Auctions Equipment Following Retailer Backlash

In response to widespread backlash from major retailers, MyPillow has made significant changes to its...

Thursday, July 13, 2023, 04:39:00 PM

AOC Says Tucker Carlson, Fox News Used ‘Incitement of Violence’ Ahead of Jan 6 Riots

In an interview with Jen Psaki on MSNBC’s Inside with Jen Psaki, Democratic Representative Alexandria...

Monday, April 24, 2023, 03:41:00 PM