The Deep Dive has assembled a company profile for that of Revive Therapeutics (CSE: RVV), a life sciences company focused on three verticals within the biotech space.
Revive is a life sciences company focused on the research and development of therapeutics for infectious diseases and rare disorders, and it is prioritizing drug development efforts to take advantage of several regulatory incentives awarded by the FDA such as Orphan Drug, Fast Track, Breakthrough Therapy and Rare Pediatric Disease designations.
Currently, the Company is exploring the use of Bucillamine for the potential treatment of infectious diseases, with an initial focus on severe influenza strains including COVID-19. With its recent acquisition of Psilocin Pharma Corp, Revive is advancing the development of Psilocybin-based therapeutics in various diseases and disorders. Revive’s cannabinoid pharmaceutical portfolio focuses on rare inflammatory diseases and the company was granted FDA orphan drug status designation for the use of Cannabidiol (CBD) to treat autoimmune hepatitis (liver disease) and to treat ischemia and reperfusion injury from organ transplantation.
The thesis behind Revive is focused around several key points of its operation, as follows:
- Revive has optionality in three different biotech arenas including CBD, psilocybin, and infectious diseases (COVID-19).
- The company is now in the process of applying for Phase 3 clinical trials for their influenza based studies: Bucillamine.
- The company was also granted FDA orphan drug status designation for CBD to treat liver disease.
- The company has recently acquired Psilocin Pharma Corp, with a focus on using psilocybin-based therapeutics in various diseases and disorders.
- The three spaces the company studies have favorable comparables relative to Revive.
Overall we feel that Revive is a misunderstood microcap focusing on developing drugs in spaces that have strong sector tailwinds. We believe this optionality gives the company a favorable risk/reward profile for biotech investors.
FULL DISCLOSURE: Revive Therapeutics is a client of Canacom Group, the parent company of The Deep Dive. The author has been compensated to cover Revive Therapeutics on The Deep Dive, with The Deep Dive having full editorial control. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security.
As the founder of The Deep Dive, Jay is focused on all aspects of the firm. This includes operations, as well as acting as the primary writer for The Deep Dive’s stock analysis. In addition to The Deep Dive, Jay performs freelance writing for a number of firms and has been published on Stockhouse.com and CannaInvestor Magazine among others.